Sorry Cole, Our Team Sucks.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 ·

Another wasted quality start for Cole Hamels. The offense only managed to score 3 runs while striking out not once, not twice, but eleven times. The offense will never be good if they cannot even put the bat on the ball.

Hamels had superb stuff last night, but with the lead going into the eigth, it was the bullpen's turn to ruin another Cole Hamels start. It was great, Durbin gave up a single, a walk, and then he hit Manny Ramirez. Blake hit a sac fly to tie the game at 3. That was the point where I began closing my eyes for my nightly sleep knowing that the Phillies were not going to win. I later woke up to Romero hitting the leadoff batter on the foot in the ninth, and Martin would later score on an Andre Ethier base hit. Good work Phillies.

I do not understand this team and I am tired of seeing absolutely not fire from them. They're starting to look like their in the same daze the 2007 New York Mets experienced. I know they care, but they don't care. It seems like this team has far too many egos in the lineup. It's really a head-scratcher seeing that we're in first place. Oh, if it makes you feel any better, the Phillies "magic number" is at 43. However, now they're only up a game on the Mets and 1.5 on the Marlins

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies