Phils Come Back to Beat Braves

Saturday, July 26, 2008 ·

Way to shut me up. Even though I know they didn't read my article, it's nice being proven wrong. The Phillies survived a horid start by ace Cole Hamels to beat the Braves 10-9.

Hamels started out strong until he got into deep trouble in the 4th inning. He didn't finish it but surrendered 9 runs, only 4 earned. Rudy Seanez closed out the inning.

It seemed like all was lost and the Phillies were gonna fuck up another game. But that was not the case. The Phillies answered the 9 run inning with a 7 run inning in the 5th.

After 6 singles scored in 4 runs, Greg Dobbs hit a towering 3 run homer into the right field upper deck seats. The Phillies took a 10-9 lead after that inning and didn't look back. Brad Lidge closed out the game for the save.

Jorge Campillo is getting the start for Atlanta tomorrow and Joe "Blow" Blanton is for the Phillies.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies