Flyers Claim Thoresen

Friday, February 22, 2008 ·

The Flyers have claimed Patrick Thoreson off waivers from Edmonton. Thoreson is a 24 year old forward. He currently has two goals and one assist with a minus-14 rating in 17 games.

Not sure how this move helps at all, but maybe it could turn out to be something nice.

TSN's Scouting Report on Thoreson:
Assets: Oozes hockey sense. Has enough versatility to play anywhere up front. Owns both two-way ability and offensive skill.

Flaws: Is a little on the smallish side (5'11"/188 lbs) and must adjust to the more aggressive game in the big league. Is more of a play-maker than goal-scorer.

Career potential: Top six forward.

If he really is a true two-way forward, that could be a big lift for this team. I wonder who's spot he'll replace in the line-up. Hopefully not Giroux, at least not yet.

Update: Thoreson seems like a guy with issues. Here is a Norwegian interview he had recently.

Right now I'm irritated and frustrated. I feel that Edmonton has given up on me. It's over here now since they they're sacrificing me like this.

There was a lot of talk, but it was all bullsh1t. They pissed on me. I played well. The explanation was that others needed match practice.

-Do you feel you're good enough for Edmonton?
-I'm not in doubt for half a second.

-How do you then explain that they waived you?
-The NHL is all politics. Everything is about the highly drafted players. I'm not drafted, and do not have a high profile.

We'll have to see if anyone else wants me. My agent is making calls. I don't know what will happen.

-What do you think the chances are that someone will claim you in the next 2 hours?
-20 per cent.

Doesn't sound like the type of a guy to add amongst a 9 game losing streak.

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...
February 22, 2008 at 2:50 PM  

The Flyers are getting desperate.

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies