Clemens, Pettite Top Official Mitchell Report

Thursday, December 13, 2007 ·

The Mitchell Report - the story

The 409 page report can be read here (pdf)

The list includes big names like Roger Clemens, Eric Gagne, Paul LoDuca, Andy Pettite, and Miguel Tejada. The list also includes old names such as Barry Bonds, Jose Canseco, Jason Giambi, Rafael Palmiero, David Justice and Sammy Sosa.

I honestly don't care that much. These guys did it to get money and recognition. Athletes with egos are selfish and they would do anything for wealth, fame, and power. I say fuck 'em.

I'm just glad that we've kept honest and good players off this list like Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, Prince Fielder, Derek Jeter, Johan Santana, and Albert Pujols. And even A-Rod, just so he can cleanly take Bonds' name out of the record books. Even Jose Reyes and David Wright, two well-respected athletes on the enemy's side.

I just want this shadow we call steroids to stop interfering with good baseball. -- Roose

I am glad that we do not see any of our favorite Phillies on here, but I don't think this report really shows us much. Much of the information used for the investigation dates back to 2005 and prior. Yes, it involves a good amount of players who played last season, the actual number of people who used performance enhancing drugs over the past season is little to none. So, I still will question some players, but this is a starting point, but I also think it has to be an ending point. There is going to be too many bullshit opinions and too much second-guessing, hearsay and so forth. It is time to move on. -- Justin

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies