Rowand Heads to San Fran

Thursday, December 13, 2007 ·

Well it's official. We lost a good bat and glove to the Giants in Aaron Rowand. I'm sad to see him go but I'm glad to see Philly saved their money and will hopefully find something worth paying for in the lines of pitching before it's too late. His asking price was too high. Hopefully, Jayson Werth can become a decent everyday starter. -- Roose

The day after last season ended, Bochy used that phrase to describe the passion and abandon he felt the Giants lacked while finishing 71-91. Rowand, who signed a five-year, $60 million deal, appears bound to raise the team's intensity just by striding into the clubhouse. The 30-year-old center fielder has become renowned for his ceaseless hustle during his seven Major League seasons.
Aaron on his deal:
"Bottom line was I wanted to get into a place and situation where I knew I wasn't going to be there short-term and bounce around from one organization to another," Rowand said during a conference call. "You know in today's day and age, that's kind of the commonplace. I was never a fan of that. If I felt like I was going to be there the rest of my career, that was the thing I was looking forward to most."

Whatever, Aaron. Go get paid. I don't blame you for wanting long-term security, but I hope both you and the Giants realize how much your career numbers have benefited from our ballpark. .557 Slugging in CBP, compared to .475 on the road. His OPS was nearly 100 points higher at home than on the road.

Real small sample size, but in 28 at-bats, his slugging percentage over the last 3 years has been a whopping .393 at AT&T Park. Please play shallow there against us.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies