My last post of 2008

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 ·

I'm not gonna be doing any posting for the rest of the day so I figured I might as well make it worth while. First I want to wish you all a safe and happy New Year. Just because 08 is over doesn't mean the 80-08 saying is out-dated. We are still in the 2008 football season and hockey and basketball are ending the 2008 portion of their seasons. This is our year. Let's go Eagles!

The Flyers won yesterday, beating Vancouver 3-2 and ending the little 2 game skid. They are now 1-2 during their current 6-game road trip that will continue in 2009 and are 20-10-7 on the season, amassing 47 points. The Flyers are in 2nd place and only 2 points behind the Rangers with 2 games in hand.

The Flyers got the fire works going early with Mike Richards fighting with Vancouver's Kevin Bieksa only 15 seconds into the game. Jeff Carter then tallied his league leading 27th goal 3 minutes later for the early lead. Vancouver tied it back up w/ the Danny/Henrik Sedin connection but less than a minute later, Scott Hartnell fired a hard wrister past Curtis Sanford, who was pulled after the first period. Claude Giroux looked very good all game, especially in that first period. They had him up on the Richards line which is what I liked seeing. I have very high expectations of this kid.

Philly then took a 3-1 lead in the 2nd with Jon Kalinski's first career goal off a redirected pass. Vancouver then made it 3-2 and Marty Biron stayed strong as Philly held on to win. Biron made 29 saves.

For the NFL playoffs I will again be analyzing each week and making my predictions. Even if the Eagles disappoint us once again, I will continue to analyze the playoffs. My next post will be the Wild Card round. I have made my full playoff predictions already but for accuracy's sake, I'll go weekly for the site. Don't forget to cheer hard for your Eagles, who play Sunday at 4:30 in Minnesota.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies