Scott Eyre to Have More Fun!

Monday, November 10, 2008 ·

The Phillies and Scott Eyre reached an agreement on a one year deal worth $2 million, and it also includes performance bonuses. [Phillies.com]

"It's written in my hat: 'Have fun,'" Eyre said, upon joining the Phillies in August. "I like to laugh and have a good time."

Eyre did well for the Phillies in his short tenure here. In 14 1/3 innings, he was 3-0 with a 1.88 ERA. He also had 18 strike outs in his work.

I like the deal. It was cheaper than the $3.5 million he earned last season and it allows JC Romero to return to his late-inning roles. It is nice to be able to have Eyre because it allows the Phillies bullpen to carry two left-handed veterans. Sure, Eyre hasn't had the best career, but like Romero, he find a way to pitch well here. That's all we can ask for.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies