Bring on the Rays!

Monday, October 20, 2008 ·


Well, we're headed to Tampa, sorry, St. Petersburg, folks. The Tampa Bay Rays defeated the Boston Red Sox in game 7 of the ALCS. In two days, the World Series will begin in Tampa. In two days, our destiny continues. This is OUR year. We're due. We couldn't beat CC. We couldn't be the Dodgers. We couldn't beat the AL. It's going to happen. We will overcome the odds.

This is the most excited I've ever been in a long time. For me, as much as I love the Eagles, it will always be the Phillies that I hold closest. Baseball has always been my love and there is no other way around it. To witness a Phillies World Series championship will mean the world to me. It'll mean a lot to a lot of people, but it'll mean the most to us who have followed this team for along time through thick and thin. We're the frustrated group that no one understands. Now is the time to be relieved. Now is the time to be the best. The final step to become champions. Wow, champions has such a nice ring to it.

What Jimmy Rollins really meant to say was 103 wins. 103 wins in 2008 will give us a World Series trophy.

For a full preview, check in tomorrow.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies