Magic Number Remains at 3

Friday, September 26, 2008 ·

Both the Mets and Brewers won last night in late-inning fashion to move only one game behind the Phillies for both the division and final playoff spot. Getting nervous? I wouldn't feel nervous if the Nats did not give us games all year. The Phillies have only gone 9-6 against the worst team in the National League.

It is very highly unlikely that the Phillies or Mets will play tonight because of the weather, likely forcing teams to scramble and play either a double-header on Sunday or games on Monday.

This is for all the marbles or at least a playoff spot? How do you feel? The Phillies controlled their own destiny with plenty of ease in the final week, but now they have to scoreboard watch and rely on the help of the Florida Marlins and Chicago Cubs.

If the Phillies fail to make the playoffs, I truly am not sure about what I am going to do. No, I won't be jumping off any bridges, but it may be the tipping point to where I totally stop caring about baseball or this organization anymore. I really don't think I can continue to handle the depressing nonsense year after year.

Well, they're going to make the playoffs, right? There's too many stars on this team for it to not to happen. They're going to field properly and cut the shit out with the pathetic at-bats they put on display against the Braves.

2 Comments:

John "Roose" Russo said...
September 26, 2008 at 1:46 PM  

I know you won't jump ship. Baseball means too much to you homie.

Justin Evans said...
September 26, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

I won't care about the Phillies as much, so let's hope that doesn't happen.

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies