Final NHL Game at the Spectrum

Sunday, September 28, 2008 ·

Yesterday, a game was played, but that took the backseat to the end of a landmark. I was lucky enough to be able to attend the final NHL game at the Spectrum. It truly was a surreal experience. It was the first and last game that I've ever seen there. I wish I could say that it brought back memories for me, but you could tell how loud the place used to get. The "Let's Go Flyers!" chants were amazing (check out the videos). See pictures here.

The pre-game ceremony was an awesome experience to see live. The crowd was so loud and really into it. I am currently in the process of trying to upload the entire ceremony for everyone to see from Section 321A.

It was awesome the Flyers scored all 4 goals at the end I was sitting at. I was such a fun overall experience and it was emotional for a lot of people. Mike Richards received the jersey with the 'C' and scored 2 short-handed goals for the 4-2 victory. Such a hell of a player with plenty more room to grow.

To see plenty videos, click after the jump.

Flyers Captain Ceremony @ the Spectrum



Final 4 minutes of the game


Joffrey Lupul scores a PP goal.


Mike Richards first star.


Let's Go Flyers Chant!


Rocky Theme on the organ


Aaron Asham fight.


Riley Cote fight.


Final NHL Opening face-off.




0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies