Down Goes the Spectrum!

Sunday, June 29, 2008 ·

I'm sure many of you have read the DelcoTimes articles regarding the nearing end for the Wachovia Spectrum. It's demolition will likely take place next summer.

The Spectrum will a go out in grand-style as Comcast expects to honor it all year. I have seen the Sixers play in the Spectrum, but I was never able to see a Flyers game until the Wachovia Center opened. I've heard the stories of how loud and amazing the atmosphere was. Expect me to be in line for when the Flyers and Sixers sell tickets to their one game in the Spectrum this upcoming season. It should be an amazing experience.

What are some of your favorite memories? Here is a video of probably the greatest moment the Philadelphia fan base has ever witnessed live in the Spectrum. There were a lot, but this tops them all. You know what it is already...



2 Comments:

Anonymous said...
June 29, 2008 at 10:54 AM  

The Spectrum was great. I saw at least 25-30 Flyers games there, Once I was at a game vs MTL and Stephan Beauregard and Patrick Roy dueled to a 0-0 double shut out. The line for the bathroom fucking sucked.

Justin Evans said...
June 29, 2008 at 1:54 PM  

Yeah, my spectrum experience included the Circus and a few Sixers games with school

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies