Braydon Coburn is Out for Game 3

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 ·

Braydon Coburn's eye is still swollen shut and he will miss Game 3 against Pittsburgh. [ESPN]

"I feel fine," the 23-year-old said. "My eye is swollen shut, so it makes it a little hard to do things. Besides that, I feel all right. I think as soon as my eye opens up, we'll re-evaluate what's going on.

He later mentioned that as soon as his eye opens up, he will return to playing. Once Coburn is able to return, he will wear a shield to protect the injury. Ryan Parent will replace Coburn in the lineup. Parent will likely begin the game paired with captain Jason Smith.

The Flyers will have to bring their best game tonight and so will the fans. I'd expect some high energy early on, including big hits on Pittsburgh's stars, especially to seek revenge on Malkin's cheap hit on Danny Briere. I am predicting that the Flyers sneak away with a 3-2 win today. I really expect the crowd to play a huge factor for the Flyers. I also expect the Flyers to even the series. Call me a homer, but it is just a gut feeling. I don't see quit in this team.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies