Phillies Notch First Win: Walk off Walk Style!

Thursday, April 3, 2008 ·

The Phillies came back from a first inning 5-0 deficit, due to some hits allowed and poor defense, to beat the Nations 8-7 in 10th inning with a Jayson Werth walk-off work. The Phightins overcame 4 errors to take the lead 7-6 with a 6 run, 8 single, 6th inning.

The bullpen pitched well for 6 2/3 innings and only allowed 1 run. Newcomer Rudy Seanez pitched well and so did Chad Durbin for the third straight game.

The Phillies will travel to Cincinatti for a four-game series.



Also, I just wanted to let you know that things have been a little busy for myself lately with work. I will probably post quite a few updates tomorrow before the Sixers, Flyers, and Phillies games. Also, with regard to the Phillies outside of an outrageous win, we're going to do a weekly recap of the Phillies instead of a daily game recap.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies