Sixers and Cheeks Nearing Extension

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 ·

According to the Philadelphia Inquirer,

The 76ers and head coach Maurice Cheeks are nearing a contract extension as he is in the last year of his three-year deal. His overall record with the Sixers is 96-127.

I don't mind this move. I know Cheeks is not one of the great coaches out there, but he is a guy that the team wants to play for. Some of his misfortune has a lot to do with the 76ers rebuilding process that is currently on. If the Sixers finally find a real power forward, they will become a lock for the playoffs for years to come, at least because it is the Eastern Conference.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies