Lupul Returns to Action

Saturday, February 9, 2008 ·

Today, Flyers' right winger, Joffrey Lupul, will return to action when the Flyers host the New York Rangers. Lupul has been out of the lineup since his January 5th collision with Derian Hatcher to caused him to have a spinal cord contusion and mild concussion.

During practice yesterday, Lupul skated with Richards and Gagne. With Scottie Upshall out for at least a week, coach John Stevens has place Danny Briere with Scott Hartnell and Steve Downie.

John Stevens said,

“I think putting Danny with Hartnell and Downie, who is relentless on the cycle, is a really good fit for Danny. I’d like to see Danny become more of a scorer on his line. He’s such an unselfish guy. I think at times when he could take the puck to the net he’s looking to pass it off. To me, the strength of his game is the first option he gets to attack, that he does.

“Richie and Lupul play really well together, and I do think it gives us size and some grit and some energy on all of our lines. It’s a nice balanced attack for scoring, and it gives us a balanced attack in terms of size and grit and skill all combined on each line.”
Tune in today at 1PM to watch the Flyers battle the Rangers. I think today is a must-win as we play Pittsburg tomorrow afternoon.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies