Flyers Acquire Prospal

Monday, February 25, 2008 ·

The Flyers acquired center Vinny Prospal from the Tampa Bay Lightning for defenseman Alexandre Picard and a second or third round draft pick in 2009. [TSN]

Prospal currently has 29 goals and 57 points through 62 games. The thirty-three year old centered the line of he Lecavalier and St. Louis.

Picard is a 22-year old defenseman who was a third-round pick by the Flyers in 2003. He is a restricted free agent in the off-season and he became expendable with the signing of Kimmo Timonen and the emergence of Braydon Coburn, Randy Jones, and Ryan Parent. Picard was second on the Phantoms in scoring with 38 points (8 goals, 30 assists) in 53 games.

Prospal on his return to the team who drafted him:

"It is something that I kind of expected - not to go to Philadelphia - but being traded," Prospal said in a release. "My name has been mentioned all around the paper and there has been a lot of rumours. They had a decision to make and they basically dealt me away.

"I am glad that I am going to an organization that I already have been involved with. Philadelphia is a great place to play because they have awesome fans and I was drafted by Philadelphia, so I am basically coming back to where I started."

I'd expect Prospal to likely play alongside Briere and Umberger until Mike Richards and Joffrey Lupul return.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies