Johnny Podres Dies

Monday, January 14, 2008 ·

Former Phillies pitching coach and Brooklyn Dodger World Series MVP, Johnny Podres has passed away.

Mr. Podres' wife, Joan, said he succumbed at a hospital in Glen Falls, N.Y., near their longtime home in Queensbury. She said her husband, a chain smoker, had been suffering from heart and kidney ailments and was being treated for a leg infection.
Former Phillies pitcher, Curt Schilling, weighs in on Podres' passing.
Outside of the Lord, my wife and my father there was no person who impacted my life more than Johnny Podres. A true mans man if there ever was one. As I enter the final year of my major league career and baseball life I can only hope that when it’s all over the body of work will be something Johnny would be proud of.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies