Vick Sentenced 23 Months

Monday, December 10, 2007 ·

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

RICHMOND, Va. -- Michael Vick was sentenced to 23 months in prison Monday for running a "cruel and inhumane" dogfighting ring and lying about it.

The suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback could have been sentenced up to five years by U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson. Vick, who turned himself in Nov. 19 in anticipation of his sentence, was wearing a black-and-white striped prison suit.

After Vick apologized to the court and his family, Hudson told him: "You need to apologize to the millions of young people who looked up to you."

"Yes, sir," Vick answered.
Full Article: ESPN

I think Vick is fully deserving of this penalty. I also think he is truly sorry. He is going to use these 2 years to change and we will see him back in a football uniform in 3 years. Even though he was going to do it until he was caught, I think he fully understands how wrong dog fighting really is. Mike, I wish you luck in finding the right path.

And I am a dog lover.

-Roose

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies