Mike Richards Signs Extension

Thursday, December 13, 2007 ·

The Philadelphia Flyers have offered Mike Richards a 12 year, 68.7 million contract, which would virtually make him a life-time Flyer.

This deal would eclipse - in money only - the 15-year, $67.5 million contract Islander goalie Rick DiPietro signed in 2006, although neither of these deals rank as the most lucrative in league history.

Obviously, the club values Richards enough they want him around long term to succeed Jason Smith as their next captain.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mike Richards, but the 12 years really makes you scratch your head. We got some hefty contracts locked up long-term. However, if I had to give the deal to any Flyer, I'd give it to Mike Richards, our poor man's Steve Yzerman and future Flyer Captain. If he continues his success from this season, the deal is perfect and it may turn out to be a bargain in the future.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies