Phillies Unveil Alternate Uniforms

Thursday, November 29, 2007 ·

The Philadelphia Phillies have unveiled their new alternate uniforms that will be worn during all day games of the 2008 season starting April 3rd to commemorate the Phillies 125th season.

From Phillies.com

For all home day games, starting with the April 3 Citizens Bank Businessperson's Special, the Phillies will wear an alternate uniform, styled after the one the team wore in the 1940s.

"It's a throwback uniform with a modern touch," said David Buck, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Advertising Sales. "It has been a while since we wore a uniform at home that didn't feature pinstripes. We believe the fans will love them.

I like the uniform, but I found the hats to be absolutely hideous. And they are very similar to the same blue hats that we discarded a few seasons back because they were bad luck. Maybe I'll have to see them in person.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies