Lohse and Garcia file for free agency

Thursday, November 1, 2007 ·

Pitchers Kyle Lohse and Freddy Garcia filed for free agency yesterday on Halloween. They joined the company of:

Monday:
Aaron Rowand
Abraham Nunez
Jose Mesa
Jon Leiber

Tuesday:
J.C. Romero
Antonio Alfonseca
Rod Barajas

The Phillies have until November 12 to nogotiate with these players until they become available to the rest of the league.

I wouldn't mind seeing Lohse back and I definately want Romero, our best LRP, to stay. "Stand" Pat Gillick most likely will not resign Romero. He is, though, intent on getting us some well needed pitching. Hopefully he has something up his sleeve.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies