The Eagles Just Have to Win!

Saturday, January 10, 2009 ·

I actually feel really confidant about tomorrow's game, but I think there is one key for my confidence level to remain high come game time. For the Eagles to win, Westbrook AND Buckhalter need about 30-35 touches between them. Reid needs to do a better job of using Buckhalter every so often to help spell Westbrook and keep him fresh for the entire game. Also, Buckhalter gets through the hole a little quicker than Westbrook with a nice burst and change of pace to keep the Giants defense off-balance.

By giving the running backs plenty of touches, McNabb will be able to use play-action to help confuse the pass rush and coverage by the Giants. With the weather conditions expected to be a wintry mix of shit along with high winds, it will likely not be the easiest game for McNabb to just do the regular five-step drops. Also, I would like to see a few three-step drops with slant patterns to Kevin Curtis and DeSean Jackson.

Defensively, the team just needs to continue doing what they've been doing. They will need to control the two-headed monster in Ward and Jacobs. If they can try force Eli's hand in winning the game, I completely believe the Eagles will be victorious. I still stand firmly by my belief that while Eli is not a bad quarterback, he's far from a good quarterback and he's never truly showed me any signs of carrying the team on his back.

Don't even talk about the Super Bowl. Yes, he made a great play when he broke away from the sack, but he also nearly threw 3 interceptions before throwing that Hail Mary of a pass that took a ridiculous catch to bring down. That's luck, not skill. He's also without the loser who shot himself in the leg and that hinders his throw it up and hope someone catches it mentality.

The one thing that I am scared about is the fact that the Giants are truly due for a statement game. They've been losers of 3 of their last 4 and in each loss, they failed to score at least 20 points. The Eagles defense is playing at their highest level in years and I really feel that they'll be able to shut down the Giants, but they will need to watch for the home run type runs that really push the Giants offense. Brian Dawkins is playing every game like his last in an Eagles jersey, so I would not expect any less.

Personally, I really need this win tomorrow. I think we're due for another NFC title game.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies