Wow! An Update?

Monday, December 22, 2008 ·

Damn, I have not been able to post in awhile and I apologize. I think I've come down with a little something because I've been often feeling like shit around 8pm every night. Anyway, below are some of my thoughts on the recent Philadelphia sports issues, news, and nonsense (Eagles).

First, I went to the Flyers game on Saturday. It was my third game of the year, but it was my first win. In each game, I've been to, we had allowed 5 goals each. Well it was nice to see us put up 7 and I want to say it was the first time I've ever seen a hat trick live. I think I saw a Flyer do it in Florida a few years back, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, Jeff Carter is fucking God. The picture below is of him scoring on a breakaway.

Sorry that my camera is not the best in the world and it's picture taken ability was a little blurry. And Niitty needs to start every game. Fuck Biron and his 3+ GAA.

Anyway, the game was fun and I don't care what anyone says; earning a point in New Jersey is fucking great. We used to never earn a point there and now we have 6 points in 4 games against the Devils. Pretty fucking good if you ask me when compared to the past.

The Sixers still near the damn basement, but also near a playoff spot. Wow the Eastern Conference is so heavy up front, but so pitiful at the bottom. Under coach Tony DiLeo it looks like the Sixers are starting to find a rhythm, but who knows? They're still far from consistent and the loss of Elton Brand doesn't help. I don't care about what anyone says, Brand was not the reason that the team was not doing well. Turnovers, shit shooting, and the inability to shut down teams late in the game is why the Sixers blew. They've blown so many leads that it is becoming unbearable in this young season.

The Eagles? They're a joke. The personnel management of that team is absolutely atrocious. Oh wait, though people have labels on their doors, Andy Reid still makes all the final calls. Hmmm, who's to blame? YOU FUCKING SCORED 3 POINTS ANDY! I know we cannot blame Andy for the shit job attempted by the Eagles receivers, but Andy is the one who franchised LJ Smith. LJ Smith may possibly be the most worthless player in the NFL. Seriously. He is more worthless than having a backup quarterback only on the roster because he can hold kicks well...Hmm. Why did both of those players play for the Eagles?

The Eagles are done and it is just another season where the Eagles have played well enough to guarantee a shitty first round pick (or trade out of the first round) and shitty enough to not be a contender.

Why does it always seem like inconsistency plagues our cities teams far too often.

Lastly, the Phillies. I'll give them a pass because we are World Champions, but this offseason his well below par for anyone looking to defend their title. I really hope we don't fall in to that "one and done" category.

They got the job done though. They'll still get a pass for a few years...or will they?

Fuck Pat Devlin. I'm ready to see the Nittany Lions pound some Southern California Trojans...I forgot USC was on the Mediterranean.

4 Comments:

John "Roose" Russo said...
December 22, 2008 at 10:40 PM  

Go Flyers
Go PSU

Anonymous said...
December 23, 2008 at 12:24 PM  

Care to make a wager on USC vs Penn ST?!?!

Justin Evans said...
December 23, 2008 at 5:37 PM  

what do you have in mind?

John "Roose" Russo said...
December 31, 2008 at 12:27 PM  

The anonymous Southern Cal fan. Nice haha.

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies