Flyers Streak Ends

Sunday, November 2, 2008 ·


The Flyers look good at times, but they were often awful in the neutral zone and in their own end. Too many turnovers lead to defenseman being out of position. Kimmo Timonen and Braydon Coburn tied for a minus-7 rating. I was able to attend today's game and it just looked bad at times. The 5-4 defeat halted the 4-game winning streak.

At times, it seems like this team presses a little against teams that score well. It was already the 5th time this season that the Flyers have score 3+ goals and lost. They're now 0-4 against the Western Conference and they've gone to 4-4-3 overall on the year.

Instead of harping on the negatives, I will point out some of the positives. Finally, the Flyers won the face-off battle winning 39 of the 59 faceoffs. Also, the penalty kill has continued to improve as they killed 6 of 7 Edmonton powerplays. Speaking of special teams, the Flyers scored on 3 of their 6 power play opportunities. The Flyers need to do a better job of controlling the neutral zone. They showed signs of it, but it didn't last for awhile.

My hustle award goes to Scott Hartnell who seemed like the only player going 110% at all times. The Flyers are off until Thursday when they will travel to Ottawa to face the Senators.

Where are the fans? In the two games I have been to this year, there have been a lot of empty seats. I understand the Montreal game because the Phillies were playing in game 4 against the Dodgers. Today, where were they? We were still loud, but there were way too many empty seats. Anyway, the Flyers are now 0-2 in games I've attended. I've seen them lose 4 straight games live (excluding the Spectrum game against the Canes).

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies