....And Many More

Thursday, October 30, 2008 ·

Sitting on the edge of my couch I watch as Brad Lidge had a man on second with 2 outs. Up to the plate steps Eric Hinske. First pitch slider was fouled off. The second pitch was also a slider and was swung at. With the slider workinf twice, Lidge decided to go with it one more time. Hinske couldn't touch it and at that moment, a lot happened.

Lidge fell to his knees, Carlos Ruiz rushed him, Ryan Howard completely flattened him, and 50,000 people in attendance at CBP got on their feet and cheered. thousands of others rejoiced around the country as their Phillies did what teams before them couldn't do and that was win the World Series.

I sat there, staring at the TV. My roomate, who doesn't like baseball that much was watching with me and rambling on and on. I turned to him and told him to shut up as a soaked in the glory of finally watching a team and city I followed for 15 years finally win.

But like the Philadelphia fan I am, I am not satisfied. I am hungrier than ever for more success. This team found the right formula to win and this team can only get better. I want more victories. I want more rings. I want Pat Gillick to stay in Philadelphia and get us the players needed to be a dynasty. That's right people. I said that word that we label New York and Boston with. Their time is up. It's our turn and we will not let go.

But it's not just the Phillies. The Flyers found something last year and need one more good blue-liner to go over the top. The Sixers found it too and they are gonna make us proud soon too. The Eagles have an idea but still need some more pieces. Could '08 truly be the same is '80? Will we see three more teams go the distance? It's possible but work needs to be done. The Eagles found that winning formula last week, the Flyers are on a 3 game tear, and the Sixers found a big puzzle piece this off season in Elton Brand.

I want to thank Gillick, Charlie Manuel for being the kind of manager that this team needed to succeed, Ed Wade for the core of players who made this possible, and to Ed Montgomery in some way for being the signer of the checks of everyone who was involved.

So I sit here, satisfied but hungry, waiting for the next guarentee Jimmy Rollins has to offer. In the mean time, I'll have to wait and watch what the Eagles, Flyers, and Sixers have to offer as the follow up act to the Phillies.

This is our team, our city, our dream. Philly is the next Title Town.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies