Dawkins Speaks About Age, Future

Thursday, September 18, 2008 ·

Brian Dawkins sat in front of a group of reporters for 6 minutes Wednesday and left them speechless. He was questioned about his performance in last Monday's loss to Dallas, his age, and his future.

On his age and future:

“I guess it’s the age question today,” he said. “I play the game the way that I play the game. … I am 34 years old and proud of it. Thank you Jesus for allowing me to get to 34 playing in the NFL. I am going to continue to play this game at a high level as long as I can. I am going to protect my body, make sure that I’m out there on the field for my guys, and I am going to play ball. “I’m going to play ball at 34. I’m going to play ball at 35, and whatever else comes after that, I’m going to play ball. So if I give up a deep ball and if you want to say I’m slow, go ahead. Guess what? The next time I’m going to try to make the same play again at 34 or 35 years old.”


Read it on Comcastsportsnet.com

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies