Peace Eaton...Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Monday, July 28, 2008 ·

Start the parade. Adam Eaton, one of the worst free-agent signings, in Phillies history has been optioned to the minors. He has accepted this assignment and there it has yet to be made clear on which level he will be going to. [Daily News]

Now of course, we should say something about Eaton accepting the demotion. Good for him, I guess, but it shouldn't have happened of his pitching was not downright pathetic and I do mean pathetic.

In his career, Eaton had allowed 182 runs in 268 career innings with the Phillies. Over 1 and a half years, he had a combined record of 14-18. Not only did Gillick sign Eaton and his terrible pitching, but he helped inflate the price on the rest of the pitching market. Good job Pat! At least you're somewhat trying to fix this mess now. However, I am not sold on Eaton's replacement, Joe Blanton, just yet.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies