Klecko's, Davis is the Most Interesting Position Battle this Offseason

Friday, May 23, 2008 ·

Even though Dan Klecko has been in the NFL for 5 years, his experience at full back is enough to land him in rookie camp. There he is learning what it takes to be a full time NFL full back. He is also competing with 3rd year Jason Davis, a pure full back.

While Davis' advantages are his experience at the position, his lack of NFL experience is huge. After spending his rookie season on the IR, he was in the practice squad all year last year. Klecko has the experience part down. He has been a situational FB for New England and Indianapolis, winning 3 rings with both teams. His only problem is that he is converting from defensive tackle.


I was kind of sick of struggling at D-line, so I figured this would be a good transition,” Klecko said Thursday after practice. “I don’t have the luxury to take days off and not do stuff right now.”

Both Klecko and Davis are the frontrunners to replace Thomas Tapeh, the first-team fullback for the last two seasons. “Jason’s a great player. I’ve just got to come out, watch him and learn from him,” Klecko said. “From the jump, [we] have gotten along great, which is great because sometimes that causes tension. He’s a great guy. It’s going to be fun in camp between me and him.”
This should be an interesting outcome to who gets the job. After signing with the Eagles, it looks like Andy Reid favors Klecko. But if he isn't ready to go, Davis will be the guy to start. But Klecko seems confident.

It’s actually not as unnatural as I thought it was going to be. Every once in a while we’ll be doing something that doesn’t feel right yet. So far, everything has gone OK. I’ve got a long way to go, I know that, but everything is going OK so far.”
[Comcast Sportsnet]

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...
May 23, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

I predict Kris Wilson will see more time in the Backfield than either of these guys.

Justin Evans said...
May 24, 2008 at 11:40 PM  

I agree. Wilson is going to be like Cooley, but a lot shittier.

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies