Benson Reassigned to Minors

Thursday, March 27, 2008 ·

Phillies pitcher, Kris Benson, has been reassigned to minor league camp and will pitch in extended Spring Training. Previously, his contract had a March 25 deadline that had an opt clause that would allow Benson to void his contract if the team did not add him to the 40-man roster. Both sides decided to restructure the deal with a May 15-opt out date.

I'm happy here," Benson said on Tuesday. "I'm feeling good with the clubhouse, the pitching coach and the manager. The winning attitude here, the excitement going into the season, it's a win-win situation from my standpoint. I just want to be a part of their plans and get back healthy."
Benson has resumed throwing after being sidelined since March 15 with bicep tendonitis. Ruben Amaro feels that Benson's return will likely come in "late-May/June." Currently, Adam Eaton will be the Phillies fifth starter. He will be pitching today against the Tigers, their last Florida spring training game.

[Phillies.com]

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies