Adam Eaton Named Fifth Starter

Saturday, March 29, 2008 ·

Manager Charlie Manuel has been named the fifth starter in the Phillies' rotation.

"Eaton is our fifth guy," Manuel said. "Eaton was our fifth guy all along, [and] no one has really taken it from him. Last year was the first year I really saw him pitch."

Eaton cannot get any worse, right? I mean, seriously, He can't throw worse than a 1.62 WHIP and league-leading 6.29 ERA, can he? The scariest thing in the matter is Eaton was a .500 pitcher with a record of 10-10. If he can find a way to get an ERA close to 5, will that bring 3-4 more wins. I sincerely hope so. The good news from the spring is that Eaton did not walk very many people. The bad news from the spring is that he surrendered 30 hits in 17 innings.
"It's there," Eaton said. "I came into this season anticipating being the fifth starter, doing my best and staying healthy. So far, I have. But coming in as the fifth starter, it's not the way I wanted to do it. I don't think I'm a five-hole pitcher. But I feel a lot better than I did this time last year. I feel healthier. I understand the way things work. I have to prove myself again."

I hope you can prove yourself again Adam, I hope you do.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies