Flyers Call up Parent

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 ·

The Flyers have called up defenseman Ryan Parent. In 53 games with the Phantoms, Parent has 1 goal and 7 assists to go along with 42 penalty minutes. Parent is better known as a shutdown defenseman, which is something the Flyers' blue line needs. He has played one NHL game in his career and that was late last season with the Flyers.

I assume this move will likely shift Lasse Kukkonen back to being a healthy scratch. Personally I rather Parent do well and we just waive Jim Vandermeer because he is atrocious.

Typically what I’ve been playing my whole career is more of a defensive side,” Parent said. “Everywhere I’ve been they have been working on me to move the puck a little bit better and be more of a puck-moving defenseman. My strength right now is definitely my defensive game.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies