Brad Lidge to Have Surgery

Sunday, February 24, 2008 ·

Phillies newly acquired closer, Brad Lidge, is scheduled to have arthroscopic knee surgery on his right knee Monday and could miss the regular-season opener. The surgery will likely sideline him for 3 to 6 weeks.

"Ideally, if everything went right I wouldn't miss any of the season because that would be four weeks," Lidge said. "But that will be based on how it feels."

"Right now, if we had to do this during the season, then obviously you're missing a big chunk of the season," Lidge said. "I definitely need a few bullpen sessions, but I feel like my arm is ahead of schedule so after a week I should be able to throw again."

[ESPN]
Charlie Manuel said Tom Gordon will be the closer if Lidge misses any time. If someone was going to get hurt, it is better off being the closer. Hopefully the offense can string along some 11-4 wins so Lidge will not even be necessary. We'll see what happens though. Let's pray for the best and hope Ed Wade has not find another way to fuck the Phillies.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies