LJ Knows He Is Likely Gone

Thursday, November 15, 2007 ·

In the last year of his contract, LJ Smith realizes he will likely not be wearing Eagle green in 2008.

Smith said, "Right now I'm looking at being on another team."

While the Eagles might be in the market for an explosive tight end after the season, Smith doesn't believe it's going to be him. He said that doesn't mean he will give any less effort during these final seven weeks.

"I'm playing for the Philadelphia Eagles," he said. "Even though I'm not happy with the contract situation, I'm still employed by them. I'm still going to go out and give 100 percent."

Really? No shit LJ. You better give 100% because that first half of the season is not going to land you the type of contract you're looking for. I have no problem with the Eagles letting go of Smith. Though he has speed and size, he lacks great hands and good blocking skills to be a top TE.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies