Aaron Rowand Update

Thursday, November 8, 2007 ·

Ken Rosenthal reports:

The Phillies believe free-agent center fielder Aaron Rowand might command a four-year, $52 million contract, and few would be surprised if Rowand, 30, landed a fifth year guaranteed. Center fielders Juan Pierre and Gary Matthews Jr. both landed five-year deals in free agency last season, and Rowand will enter the open market with a far better track record than either of those players.
I could handle signing Aaron for 4 years, 13 million per. Does he exactly deserve it, no, but we know what we are getting from him and his salary demands are only the fault of an inflated market. I'm not all for the guaranteed 5th year and I can understand the Phillies moving in a different direction if that 5th year is that important to him.

0 Comments:

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies