Congrats Red Sox

Monday, October 29, 2007 ·

Congratulations Boston Red Sox fans as your team became the 2007 World (U.S.A./Toronto) Champions. The Red Sox were clearly the best team in baseball all season and showed it by sweeping the Rockies. It is nice to see a General Manager put a real team together. Now, I hope Josh Beckett returns to being Bombs Away Beckett.

Other News:

A-Rod choose to opt out of his contract Sunday night. I think this was such a scumbag move by a selfish human being in an attempt to steal some of the press from the Boston Red Sox. Phillies fans, don't get excited, A-Rod would never be pursued by the Phillies or want to come here in a million years. I don't want him either. I think he is a classless pre-madonna that would just die here in Philly.

Also, Phillies fans, do not get excited that the Red Sox will go after A-Rod. Theo Epstein has already stated that he wants to re-sign the World Series MVP, Mike Lowell. Even if A-Rod went to Boston, we'd have to compete with the New York Yankees for Lowell. If history hasn't shown you, we do not get into bidding wars.

Other news on the Yankees front is that they will hire Joe Girardi will be hired as the next New York Yankees manager. It has also been reported that Mariano Rivera will actively test the free-agent market.

Like I said, don't get too excited.

5 Comments:

John "Roose" Russo said...
October 29, 2007 at 11:16 AM  

To me this isn't good news. I want to see Lowell in Philly next year and the fact that A-Rod possibly leaving and/or Lowell staying w/ the Sox or going to New York just shows that we are not gonna get a good third baseman. Maybe Atkins from Colorado but I still want to see Lowell and Schilling in Philly next year.

Anonymous said...
October 30, 2007 at 9:19 AM  

It might take a multi-year deal for Schilling to leave Boston.

Lowell is not leaving Boston.

It is not worth depleting our already weak minors for Garrett Atkins who's #s are very Colorado inflated.

John "Roose" Russo said...
October 30, 2007 at 11:26 AM  

Lowell I am doubting the most since he was WS MVP I believe.

I think signing Schilling to a multi-year deal like 3 years is possible for the Phils.

You are probably right about inflated numbers in Colorado but Phillie is a hitters park as well and didn't we provide more of an offense home than Colorado? I'm not too sure.

Anonymous said...
October 30, 2007 at 5:59 PM  

A 3 year contract for Curt Schilling would be absolutely stupid.

John "Roose" Russo said...
October 31, 2007 at 11:35 AM  

The what do you think is smart, anonymous.

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies