Back with a Vengeance!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 ·

Ladies and Gentleman, meet your first place Flyers. Yes, I know it is only through game 5, but frankly I do not give a shit. Last night, the Flyers recorded their 8th point through only 5 games, a feat that took 16 games last year, with a 4-0 shutout of the Atlanta Thrashers. The entire looks so fast out there right now. It is nice to see a blue line unit actually play well for a change. They are getting to puck quickly and placing themselves in perfect positions to block shots.

Who has shined the most? Michael Richards and Jeff Carter. Sure, Briere has played phenomenal, but it is was he is supposed to do. We as Flyers fans have waited for Michael Richards and Carter to break out and it seems as if they finally have. Michael Richards is your future captain of the Flyers. He can do it all. He's developed into a play-maker, a penalty killer, and a point man on the power play. Jeff Carter on the other hand has really benefited from being a line mate with Joffrey Lupul who leads the Flyers in assists thus far with 5. Carter is tied for the Flyers lead in goals scored with 4.

This is the scary thing, right now the Flyers top line is a minus-2. Every other player on the Flyers is either an even or a plus player. Randy Jones specifically is a plus-7 player. He is really developing into a fine defenseman.

Who has been your favorite player thus far? (I have fixed the comment setting and I have now allowed comments by anyone)

2 Comments:

John "Roose" Russo said...
October 17, 2007 at 11:25 AM  

Thus far it's Biron. He is proving to be a top goaltender again. I am curious though to see Nittymaki get a little action just so I can be comfortable w/ the tandem.

Anonymous said...
October 17, 2007 at 11:40 AM  

I hope it isn't Saturday when I go to the game.

A small introduction...

We Hate to Lose began in October 2007. The initial purpose of the website was to provide news updates and commentary on all four major sports teams in Philadelphia. Because of time-constraints, in April of 2009, I decided to post only on my first-love, the Philadelphia Phillies.

My name is Justin Evans and I hope you enjoy the site.

2008 Phillies - World Fucking Champions

Philadelphia Phillies News

Philadelphia Phillies